Austin, Texas, March 8, 2022,
- Tezos, leader respectful of nature blockchain, presents Block/Space at SXSW 2022 (March 11-14, 2022), an experiential activation featuring creators and brands reimagining culture on blockchain today – and what the possibilities are for the future.
- Block/Space will offer four different experiences: a 3D body scanner to create photorealistic NFT digital avatars; an AR sneaker shop of the new flexible NFT Marketplace that allows digital sneakers to be tried on; an InterPop comic book store illustrating a new dimension of fandom; and a ‘Pantone Very Peri Room’ celebrating Pantone’s Color of the Year 2022 through NFT artwork by artist Polygon1993. A limited number of NFT gifts exclusively available to participants will be offered with each activation.
- The space will also feature an engaging speaker series called Block/Talks, featuring representatives from McLaren Racing, The Gap, Pantone, Sweet, Vyking, major esports organizations Team Vitality and Misfits Gaming Group, InterPop, actor Khleo Thomas and many others.
Austin, TX – 8 March, 2022 – Leader of the ecological blockchain Tezos will be honored at SXSW 2022 with Block/Spacean experiential activation that explores how culture is being reimagined on the blockchain – and what the possibilities might be for the future.
Taking place in the heart of Austin, TX at Cahoots Inn boutique hotel (1221 E 6th St), Block/Space will feature four dedicated spaces showing how various brands and manufacturers are leveraging the Tezos blockchain to experiment, reinvent and re-imagine aspects of everyday life – from how people establish their digital selves , try on and buy shoes, participate in fandoms, and enjoy and collect works of art. Each space will offer a limited number of NFT freebies each day, which can only be obtained by SXSW festivalgoers who visit Block/Space, create a wallet, and scan a QR code in each room.
The experience will also include a three-day speaker series called Block/Talks (March 11-13), with representatives from McLaren Racing, The Gap, Pantone, Sweet, Vyking, leading esports organization Misfits Gaming Group, InterPop, actor Khleo Thomas, and many up-and-coming artists and creators thriving in the Tezos ecosystem. The speaker series will provide an opportunity to discuss how Web3 and blockchain technology are helping to advance arts and culture. The complete program and the list of speakers are available here.
The metaverse, Web3, blockchain technology and NFTs have become major buzzwords over the past year as companies scramble to understand and invest in these new areas. Rather than discussing these visions of a distant future in the abstract, Block/Space will show how a thriving new wave of builders on Tezos are already using blockchain technology, and what the implications of these innovations could mean in the near future.
Block/Space will include the following interactive experiences:
- NFT yourself in the metaverse: Step into a 3D scanner to transform your image into a very high resolution digital avatar, which can then be created as a 3D NFT on Tezos. The digital avatar can be used as your new identity in the metaverse, and also opens up potential integrations into games, fashion, social media, and virtual reality in the future.
- Go ahead, flex This (flex): Discover for the first time flex, the first-ever shoe NFT marketplace built on Tezos. Browse the pop-up shoe store and shop flex’s digital sneakers virtually from your phone, including exclusive collections from brands and designers, such as French AR artist johwska. Try on shoes virtually using your smartphone camera, and if you like how they look, you can purchase them as NFTs to take them with you into the metaverse.
- Taking Fandom to a New Dimension (InterPop): Enter a retro-inspired comic book store that gives a glimpse into the future of digital fandom. Browse and buy comic book NFTs at InterPop, a digital entertainment company based on the Tezos blockchain, which you can play, collect, sell and trade just like you would in a physical store. Unlike the traditional way of passive fandom, this new kind of digital ownership with InterPop Comics lets fans have a say in shaping the story – from character costumes to major storylines. Additionally, InterPop will premiere an all-new series title, the abyss, at SXSW. Block/space participants can collect the abyss #0 for free and give yourself the opportunity to shape the future of this brand new story.
- Check out the art made for the metaverse (Pantone): Dive into the Pantone Color of the Year 2022, PANTONE® 17-3938 Very Peri, in the Pantone Very Peri Room – a newly created color inspired by our digital lives, with a courageous presence that encourages personal inventiveness and creativity . The space will showcase four NFT artworks that celebrate the Paris-based multidisciplinary artist’s Color of the Year Polygon1993in one continued collaboration with Pantone from last year. Between March 11 and 14, a limited number of NFTs can be obtained for free by visiting the Pantone Very Peri room and scanning a QR code. For those unable to attend SXSW, Polygon1993 will also be releasing their original set of NFT Very Peri as an online giveaway from March 9-10 – follow @pantone on Instagram for more details.
With a pioneering, energy-efficient proof-of-stake design and low NFT minting and transaction costs, Tezos is quickly becoming the premier blockchain for brands, businesses, artists, collectors, and builders around the world. Notable organizations that rely on Tezos include Manchester United, The Gap, Ubisoft, Team Vitality, Formula 1 racing teams Oracle Red Bull Racing and McLaren Racing, banking giant Societe Generale, NFT music platform OneOf, and more. again. Recently, Tezos showcased a very successful interactive NFT experience as a premier blockchain partner at Art Basel in Miami Beach in December 2021.
Block/Space will be open March 11-14, 2022, beginning at 10:30 a.m. Central Time at Cahoots Inn1221 E 6th St, Austin, TX 78702. Block/Talks roundtables will be streamed live on tezos.com/events from March 11 to 13, 2022. Please click here for more information on the experience and full schedule of the panel of speakers.
For the full press kit, including images, please click here.
Tezos is smart money, redefining what it means to hold and trade value in a digitally connected world. A self-scaling, energy-efficient Proof-of-Stake blockchain with a proven track record, Tezos seamlessly embraces tomorrow’s innovations without network disruption today. For more information, please visit www.tezos.com.
- [email protected]
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the author should not be considered financial advice. We do not give advice on financial products.